Top 8 Holiday Events in New Braunfels
The holidays are just around the corner and while some of us are busy competing for scariest house on the block others are diving into their Christmas shopping lists. Whatever holiday you’re preparing for, be sure to leave time to unwind and take in the now with your fellow community members right here in New Braunfels.
There are plenty of holiday activities going on in and around our ever‑growing city of New Braunfels and we don’t want you to miss a thing! So check out our top 8 New Braunfels holiday events:
- 33rd Annual Gruene Music & Wine Fest – This four day festival kicks off Thursday, October 10th, 2019 at 5:30 PM in the Grapevine Garden. Guests will enjoy wine and beer tastings, catered dinners, food truck options, and live music featuring Prophets & Outlaws, Tanya Tucker, The Dirty River Dixie Band, and many more! The Gruene Wine Festival began in 1986 to promote music and the United Way of Comal County. To this day the proceeds of the festival still benefit the same philanthropy. For more Gruene events keep on scrolling!
- Wassailfest – This annual festivity can be traced back to medieval times in Germany. But today, here in New Braunfels, you can check it out in historic downtown. Stroll the streets of New Braunfels while sipping a nice, warm wassail sample and checkout your local merchants at Wassialfest. Wassailfest 2019 is on Thursday, December 5, 2019 from 6 to 9 PM.
- Wurstfest New Braunfels – This annual 10‑day celebration highlights the German Culture here in New Braunfels. From German beers to sausage on a stick to potato pancakes – this festival has it all! Wurstfest New Braunfels kicks off on November 1, 2019 and lasts until November, 10, 2019. Kids under 12 always get in free at Wurstfest but adults pay $15 for general admission. For Wurstfest New Braunfels schedule 2019 click here.
- Downtown Holiday Lighting New Braunfels – Join Mayor Barron Casteel at the countdown to illumination in which he will “flip the switch” and light up the town with hundreds of low energy LED lights! Head on over at 6 PM to make the most of your evening and enjoy live music, holiday treats, and pictures with Santa. Just be aware, pictures with Santa are $10 each (cash only). So be sure to grab the kids and spend the evening on Friday, November 15, 2019, in historic downtown New Braunfels.
- Gruene Christmas Market Days – If you haven’t found that perfect Christmas gift you’ve been searching for just yet be sure to explore local arts and crafts vendor booths at the Gruene Christmas Market days! You’ll be sure to find what you’re looking for from one of their 100+ artisans that are offering uncommon, handmade items. The Christmas Market days are December 7th and 8th from 10 AM to 5 PM and are located in the Gruene Historic District of New Braunfels.
- The Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison Holiday Shindig – Grab your dancing shoes and head down to Gruene Hall to enjoy some beautifully sung live holiday music! This annual shindig is coming to New Braunfels on Saturday, December 7th at 8 PM. Tickets are $25 each. Hurry before they run out!
- Weihnachtsmarkt – This three day New Braunfels Christmas Market also pays tribute to the German heritage found here in New Braunfels. Here you can find unique decorations, decadent art, and delicious food! Anyone can attend this market located at the New Braunfels Civic/Convention Center anytime from November 22‑24, 2019.
- Freiheit Village Farmers Market – Checkout this local market if you’re looking for some uniquely one‑of‑a‑kind holiday gifts this season. Here you can find anything from artisan goods to pasteurized raised meats to delicious local produce. This weekly event continues every Wednesday from 3 to 7 PM inside Village Venue up until December 18, 2019.
So yes, the holidays are just around the corner but that doesn’t have to mean constant stress and worry! Head to downtown New Braunfels during these holiday events and enjoy the magic of the season with your neighbors! Check out our events page for other local activities happening near you!